12/18/11

Mac Mini a year later: Monitor, keyboard, and mouse problems


I bought the Mac Mini more than a year ago for my mom. I thought it was a good buy because she already owned a monitor, keyboard, and mouse from her old windows PC. Overall, it did the job it was suppose to, but it had a hard time playing nice with the others. The monitor in question was an Acer 21". I've never had a problem with it until the mac mini came along. When I wake the mini from sleep, the monitor shows white noise. I'd have to turn the monitor on and off to get it working again. I also have a similar problem with the mouse and keyboard. Both input devices are from logitech, and there are times when the Mini doesn't even recognize them until I unplug and plug them back in. Now, these complains seem very small, but I did buy a Mac because of its ease of use. I love apple and their products, but I don't like how this specific Mac doesn't work well with non Apple gear. I expected more from apple.The easiest solution, of course, would have been to buy and Apple keyboard, mouse, and monitor, but I shouldn't have to do this. There's even an image from Apple.com of a Mac mini with non apple paraphernalia.

If I could go back in time, I would have bought the cheapest iMac I can get. Preferably something from the refurbished store. It's a complete package.

No comments:

Post a Comment