How to get more views for your vlog in youtube
This is specifically targeted toward Elizabeth. I didn't know YT had a 1000 character limit and I did not want all this typing to go to waste.
I saw your comment on how to get more views.
1. Make it less than 3 minutes long. Your "Would you rather" video can be edited down to 1-2 minutes.
2. Create a outline of what you'll talk about.
3. Smile more. People like watching happy people.
4. Descriptions and tags are important. This is the main way people will find your videos.
5. Specialize in something. Liana specializes in being a creepy girlfriend. Lacie Green focuses on sex. VlogBrothers are into geek culture.
5.a. If you don't want to specialize, you'll have to be extremely charismatic and willing say something original like Jenna Marbles
The examples above are videos that my GF watches, not me :)
I hope this helps you out. I don't usually send out these messages nor do I actually answer anything from my inbox (so please don't expect a response). But I see similarities between you and and younger me, the difference is that instead of making videos about my personal life, I keep a personal audio diary that I listen to two years after I recorded them. My target audience is future me (kinda sad really), but I upload insightful and brutally honest thoughts in another anonymous account.
I found your channel because I'm wondering how to spread the word about a new and separate channel I created. It takes about 10 hours of work for 3 minutes of video. I've already created 4 videos and am releasing one once a week. So far, I've had very few views on my first video, but I hope its popularity overtakes JawnMercernary by a large factor. I'm aiming for 100,000 views per episode, it will be a tough climb.
Best of luck with your channel.