8/20/09

RROD procedure

My experience with the dreaded red ring of death.

I got the RROD yesterday (19/08/09) and I was not that sad. I knew it was coming. I was actually surprised that it did not come sooner. But the timing here could not be any better. The extended 3-year RROD warranty expire on 31/08/09.

But anyway, heres the summary of my experience

  • Got the RROD from playing fallout 3. Console froze and died.
  • Looked at xbox site for more info on the RROD
  • Called customer support and talked to rep. Set up account and process of sending xbox out
  • 1 hour later, I get email from microsoft about instructions on shipping the item
  • 2 hours later I get an email with the UPS label so I can send it off for free
  • Now I am about to send it off

To sum up, since taking action on getting the RROD fixed. Here are the resources used up in the process
  • net of 1.5 hours (took away the waiting time for email)
    -calls
    -reading instructions
    -making box for xbox
    -out the door to the UPS
  • paper and ink
    -for printing the receipt and the package info
  • box, tape, and cutters
    -making the box to hold the xbox
This was a very easy process and I was very satisfied with service I got. Bonus for not needing my sales receipt and free shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment