5/21/09

Phone Scam: Pioneer Communications

Scam Information
Companies mentioned:
  • Western International
  • Pioneer Communications
  • DLPUSA.com
  • Windham Resort
Location and phone numbers:
  • Venice, California 15500 Urwin street. Suite 4007
  • 1-866-357-0338 (for above)
  • Caller ID number- 214-900-3424
What the deal is:
  • All inclusive stay in the Bahamas
  • for two
  • transferable certificate
  • Will end on June 10th
What they don't mention

  • The below is Via Ripoffreports.com
Details of your Mexico VIP Holidays vacation package:

- 4 days/3 nights hotel accommodation (all inclusive, airfair, not included)
- 2 adults
- Certificate is fully transferable and it includes all meals
QUALIFICATION :
-Married or singles 30 to 65 years old
-$40,ooo income combined
PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND A 90 MINUTE PRESENTATION OF THE RESORT DURING YOUR TRIP
-Please bring at least 2 major credit cards like Visa, Mastercard, Amex or etc.
  • They will keep calling you
  • Plane ticket to fly there is not included
  • Number of times they called me: 3
Supporting sites:
whocalled.us / 702-835-0099

Rip-off Report: WESTWOOD INTERNATIONAL - PIONEER COMMUNICATION BEWARE, STAY AWAY WITH THESE PEOPLE (FILIPINOS) REPRESENTING THIS COMPANY VAN NUYS, CALIFORNIA ORTIGAS, PHILIPPINES CALIFORNIA & PHILIPPINES

Westwood International Complaints - Non-delivery of merchandise

(213) 316-7133 / 2133167133


Here's My story:

After a long and tiring day, I arrive in my house where the bed was calling for my heavy eyes. I was in the middle of my needed nap when I got a call. I looked at the phone number, and my blood pressure rose.

Part 1

It was a sales person from Pioneer communications. I was ready for them this time. But first, a bit of history with them. They first contacted my mother, the hardest working Filipina I know. A peaceful woman who hates conflict. She talked to them for thirty minutes, and called me over to get my opinion on weather I wanted to go for a cheap trip to the Bahamas. I saw her credit card on the table and the phone on her hand.

I jumped on deal and took over the phone conversation. The couple of decades that I have had to live lead me to many conclusions. One of them was: If it's too good to be true... it usually is. Now I don't remember exactly what I talked about (for it was a month ago) but here is the foot note:

Me: Tell me the deal again
Them: Transferable All inclusive trip to the Bahamas for $499 no more no less for 4 days and three nights. With all accommodations covered.
Me: This sounds too good to be true. Give me your company information.
Them: We are from Western International, our office is in 15500 Urwin street suit 4007. Our phone number is 1-866-357-0338.
Me: Why is my mother getting this deal
Them: Miss Regina is privileged to travel to the Bahamas for a 4 day...
Me: How did you get her contact information
Them: She bought one of our phone cards to call Philippines and she signed up as a member
Me: Do you think that it is a good deal?
Them: Yes!
Me: Okay, then you take it. I want to transfer it to you.
Them: We can't do that
Me: You know what you could do for me?
Them: What?
Me: Take this phone number off your list and not call this house again.

That was a gist of it, the actual conversation took almost an hour.

I did some research on Western international and it led me to this site (Ripoffreport.com). I showed the site to my mom and she learned lesson to never give your credit card information to a company you don't know.


Part 2:


A few days ago, I received a phone call from Pioneer communications again! I was furious! How dare them call me again after I have asked to have phone number deleted. The conversation went a little like this.

Them: Miss Regina has the privilege for an all inclusive...
Me: This is not Regina, she is not home right now, this is her son
Them: Oh when is the best time to call to reach Miss Regina
Me: Can you tell me more about your company?
Them: I will have to transfer you to my supervisor
Me: Hi can you please tell me more about your company. The deal is too good to be true.
Them: I know what your thinking right now-
Me: Give me more information on your company
Them: We are western international...
Me: What is your name?
Them: John de Castro
Me: Can you give me a website
Them: Winhamresort.com
Me: Ok, I talked yo you guys a few weeks ago and asked to have my phone number taken off your list.
Them: That must have been a different company
Me: Look! I want you to take my phone number off your list and delete any information you have on my mother.

I will spare you the shouting and arguing.

Me: Okay, so if I call your 1-866 number I should be able to ask for a John De castro from Venice California and get you right?
Them: No you can't I will be in a meeting soon.

So this time the phone call lasted thirty minutes.

Part 3


So after being woken from my nap by Pioneer Communications. I decided a different approach. To be nice to them.

Me: Hello?
Them: Hi this is Elly form Western International, Miss Regina has the privilege...
Me: Oh she's not home right now, but I am interested in your deal
Then: Who am I speaking with?
Me: I am her husband (being a son got me nowhere, lets try the husband)
Them: You are also eligible for the package
Me: wow the package sounds good, but I want to know how you have my wife's information
Them: well sir Miss Regina has been a member with us since 2005, she became a member by signing up with our phone card company.
Me: I have more questions (I kept asking for their company info)
Them: Let me transfer you to my supervisor
Me: Can you give me more information about your company?
Them: Well we are Pioneer Communications... located at... phone number...
Me: Can you please call me in thirty minutes so I can talk to my wife?

30 minutes later

Me: Hello again Hope charity (the last operator's name that I talked to) Look, I have been doing research on your company and it does not look good. ( I told her all I found see top of story for the info)
Them: Well, we cannot please everyone
Me: I know you can't, I am just afraid that I will be one of those un-pleased customers. (this is the point when I tell them that I this this is a scam)
Them: This is not a scam sir, if we wanted to scam you we would have taken your credit card information when your wife bought the card.
Me: I think that this is a scam, and your company has a bad business practice
Them: How can we prove that this is not a scam and the we are a good company
Me: Ok Hope, this is how you prove yourself. I want you to not call this number again and delete Regina's information. If I don't get a call from you then I would know that you followed your word. When I feel like going to the Bahamas, I will be sure to call the number given and ask for you.

Hopefully I don't get a call from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment